Welcome to Horror Delve! A hoard of specters await you within. You’ll find reviews of horror and fantasy novels, both old and new, skittering about its weatherbeaten halls. Lurking in what was once a kitchen are a wide range of favorites lists (including annual classic Christmas-themed horror stories and Halloween reading recommendations). Never mind the screams you hear coming from the triple-padlocked room, that’s just the site’s mad owner, Matt Cowan, proclaiming the occasional update on his own writing. The overriding entity dominating the Delve are regular examinations of classic horror writers and their stories. If you have an anthology and aren’t sure which story you want to read first, check out the Delve for a hint at which one might interest you most. Thanks for stopping in. Please be careful in your explorations as there’s no telling what you’ll find… or what will find you!
My publishing credits:
1. “The Collective of Blaque Reach” was originally published in 2008 by Dead Letter Press as the bonus chap book story for the anthology BOUND FOR EVIL: CURIOUS TALES OF BOOKS GONE BAD. It was also read on episode #90 of the TALES TO TERRIFY PODCAST in 2013.
2. “Here He Comes A Wandering” won the POD OF HORROR CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY CONTEST in 2009 and was read on episode #58.
3. “DARK ATTRACTION” in INDIANA HORROR ANTHOLOGY’s 2011 from James Ward Kirk Fiction.
4. “UnEarthed” in INDIANA SCIENCE FICTION ANTHOLOGY 2011 from James Ward Kirk Fiction.
5. “The Shadow Man of Moon Spine Bridge” in INDIANA HORROR ANTHOLOGY 2012 from James Ward Kirk Fiction.
6. “System Override” in INDIANA CRIME REVIEW 2013 from James Ward Kirk Fiction.
7. “Christmas Wine” in O LITTLE TOWN OF DEATHLEHEM, a charity anthology to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS foundation from Grinning Skull Press in 2013.
8. “Numen” co-won the Editor’s Choice award for CELLAR DOOR II: WORDS OF BEAUTY, TALES OF TERROR in 2013 from James Ward Kirk Fiction.
9. “Here He Comes A Wandering” revised and expanded in DEATHLEHEM REVISTED from Grinning Skull Press in 2015.
10. “Lovely Weather for an Unseelie Ride Together” in A TREE LIGHTING IN DEATHLEHEM from Grinning Skull Press in 2019.
11. “The Carollers” in CHRISTMAS UNDER THE COVERS edited by Marc Damien Lawler in 2021.
I also wrote the retro-movie review column Matt Cowan’s Threat Watch for BLACK INFINITY MAGAZINE from Rocket Science Books from 2017 – 2021 (8 issues).
To contact me, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org